Visualization. Or See Life As You Want It To Be...

I have been reading alot about visualization lately. Dwelling on the positive, conjuring up in your mind's eye what it is you want or need, be that events, material things, relationships, health, etc. I don't believe it to be just as simple as "picturing something" and then waiting for it to arrive in your life. But rather, the process of saturating your mind with grateful thoughts of what you already possess and then holding in your mind that what you need or want. There has been some stuff written about the vibrations of thoughts and how to attune them to the vibrations of the universe...I just don't know enough to comment on that. But I do believe what we dwell on we attract into our lives. Your thoughts, become your actions and your actions help to determine your life, so there definitely is a connection. And I think you have to realize this isn't some "get rich quick" scheme. My approach would be more along the lines of: I need to lose 20 lbs, so I will do the prep work of buying work out gear, research activities interest me, prepare for my walk etc before I go to bed. Then I may pray about it, visualize myself looking and feeling better, getting good numbers from my doctor, feeling the excitement of taking control of my health etc. I think this can be a powerful way of achieving your goals. On the other hand negative ruminating has the same but opposite effect. Imaging the worst, dwelling on a bad break or a run of bad luck, seeing yourself as a loser....If you can "pivot" in your thought processes and turn, just even slightly toward a more positive picture, I think you can make changes in your life. Again, not, " I want to be a millionaire, so I will buy a lottery ticket and stare at it all day", but rather, I want a healthy bank account, so I will work hard, save, avail myself of materials on investing, daydream about how I will feel when I am out of debt, see myself as someone who is prudent, picture the freedom I could enjoy when I have extra money in the bank.  A combination of hard work, research, faith, gratefulness, and visualizing the desired outcome seem to be powerful influences in our lives. Do the work. Have faith. Make a Vision Board on cardboard poster paper and pin your dreams there. Stare it each day. Dwell on the positive. See yourself accomplishing your goal. And of course I am speaking to healthy goals. Not, picturing yourself with someone else's husband....I also think it is important to be grateful for what you already have before you can successfully attract more into your life, or hope to hold onto what you now have. Certainly, this is not about greed, but about thoughtfully looking at your life and seeing what you need or want, doing the work, praying, and visualizing the results.

Our job is not to figure out the how. The how will show up out of a commitment and belief in the what. Jack Canfield

 Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Albert Einstein

“Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle.” 
― Nemo Nox








Comments

Popular Posts