Listening....

This Sunday morning I woke to a beautiful day. I was tired when I climbed out of bed, telling myself to take it easy today, rest up for the week ahead. We had had a very full weekend...going nonstop since Friday. And since in my 60's I don't bounce back as fast as I used to. So after making some coffee I went to my porch  to have a good look at this day in June..and what a day it is. Everything is blue skies and green grass, glossy leaves trembling in the soft breeze, bird singing and rustling on the branches. Insects singing their scratchy tunes and the soft sigh of the wind around the corner of the porch. The light and the shadow mark the trees with stripes of gold. All seems so perfect. And for me, at this moment, all is perfect. And marveling at the  beauty and complexity of nature, I thought of our Creator. And in my heart I sought to commune with Him. And I realized He had already started the conversation and was just waiting for me to pick up the threads...I heard Him in the soft breezes, the songs of birds, the murmur of rustling leaves and in the silence when such beauty has robbed me of my speech.

Be Still and Know That I Am God....Psalms 46.10

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.” 
― Ansel Adams

“If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence.” 
― George EliotMiddlemarch


Comments

Popular Posts