How you see your life, shapes your life...

"The way you see your life, shapes you life", The Purpose Driven Life

  

What is your life?
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
The way you see your life shapes your life.
How you define life determines your destiny.
Your perspective will influence how you invest your time, spend your money, use your talents, and value your relationships.
How do you see your life?
1. A circus
2. A minefield
3. A roller coaster
4. A puzzle
5. A Symphony
6. A journey
7. A dance
8. A ten speed bicycle with gears we never use
9. A game of cards you have to play the hands you are dealt with
if you think life is a party, your primary value in life will be having fun.
If you see life as a race, you will value speed and will probably be in a hurry much of the time.
If you view life as a marathon, you will value endurance.
If you see life as a battle or a game, winning will be very important to you.
This was an eye opener for me this morning....and got me to thinking about how I see my life??? I don't think I am comfortable with the words that came to mind. But I am certain that the way I "see" my life has shaped my daily life and colored my perceptions of the world around me. I find that notion both scary and liberating! That just a slight change in the focus of the lens of my life can change the total picture. To use photography lingo, that which I focus on...what is in focus (one single item), large aperture, or the whole picture (small aperture) really changes what you see...the forest or the tree? It is amazing to me that there is so much common sense wisdom all around us and we so seldom see it or if we do, we fail to use it. That kind of stubborn blindness is a tragedy. How can I change that? I will be reading more of Rick Warren's book...

Comments

Popular Posts